Welcome to Ashbourne Bowls Club
The Government have advised that bowling greens may open from Wednesday 13th May 2020.
Ashbourne Bowls Club will open on Monday 18th May – we will be operating a strict booking system allowing one hour slots from 09.00 hrs to 19.00 hrs – bookings must be made by contacting Bev Bonsall – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel or Text: 07801 821376.
GATE: – if the gate is locked the combination number is 1818. If no one is playing after you please close and lock the gate as you leave.
GUIDANCE FOR INDIVIDUALS:
• Only use your equipment brought from home (jacks, mats, bowls etc.) – each player must use their own mat, jack and bowls.
• Sterilize equipment before and after use.
• Keep strict social distancing measures in place – you must remain at a safe distance (2 metres) from people outside of your household.
• Follow strong hygiene practices at every opportunity – wash your hands when you get home.
• You must have permission from your club to use the green – telephone Bev Bonsall to book a one hour playing slot.
• Once you have completed your session, please depart as soon as you safely can to enable others to access the green.
• You may only play if you are a member of the club.
• Do not enter clubhouse, or any facility which is part of the club.
• Do not use club equipment.
• Do not organise any competitive bowls.
• Do not turn up at the green without prior agreement from your club.
THINGS TO THINK ABOUT:
• Being careful about touching solid surfaces e.g. gates, seating, doors, etc.
If would like to join the Club please contact any member of the Club.
Novice bowlers are very welcome to experience all social and competitive bowling.
Introduction to members and invitation to play can be a daunting experience but Ashbourne Members are noted for their friendly welcome and assistance to new members.
One of the best bowling venues in the Midlands
Ashbourne Bowls Club is one of the best playing venues in the Midlands for both players and spectators and the complex has been adopted by “The Derbyshire Crown Green Bowling Association” as its headquarters. County matches are played at Ashbourne on a regular basis and the facilities offer a licensed bar to add to the enjoyment of players and spectators.
As a further benefit – if any visitor is looking for a suitable facility to hold that special party or event, THE VENUE (Website: www.thevenueashbourne.co.uk) can be booked for private functions and offers ample car parking space. For bookings please contact Tim on 07988 541556, e-mail: email@example.com.
Bowling Officials are:
Mrs Janet Piper, Club Chairman.
Mrs Anne Lewis, Club Vice Chairman
Mr Martin Balderson, Club Treasurer.
Mr Mick Salt, Club Secretary